Friday, November 27, 2009

Deer Season

Things were going pretty good the other day and as 10pm rolled around, I thought I would run to the gas station and get a MegaMillions Lottery ticket. Good luck has to come once in a while considering all the bad luck we have had lately.

As I rolled up the road thinking "this could be our night for hitting the big one",Well........we hit one but not the big one. The Doe I hit head on was small enough to only damage the plastic grill and pop the bumper guard out a little.

I went on to the gas station to have the clerk look at me oddly when I asked for a MegaMillions. How odd that I should ask for a the very thing that was flashing in the neon lights posted in their window.

She informed me the machine was turned off already. I saw it was 10:15pm so I said "the lottery doesn't draw until 11pm".

"Yes but I am closed" she said. Even though the lights said open.

Not only was I being reminded that we have zero good luck but I think I was also shown that even us non autistic people find we can be literal in our thinking. Things are never as advertised even "open" and "Play the Lotto Here". What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment